UV lamps in TrojanUV systems are enclosed in a quartz sleeve to insulate them from the water. ActiClean™ is our patented dual-action sleeve cleaning system that uses mechanical wiping in conjunction with ActiClean Gel contained within wiper canisters surrounding the quartz sleeves.
Powerful & Safe
This advanced system operates automatically, without operator involvement, reducing maintenance and ensuring maximum UV output every day.
Quartz sleeves and intensity sensors are cleaned regularly without disrupting disinfection – there’s no need to shut down the UV system or remove lamp modules for routine cleaning.
Engineered to Clean
- Cleans 50% more effectively than mechanical wiping alone, removing the accumulation of inorganic and organic solids on the quartz sleeve
- Maintains at least 95% transmittance, ensuring sleeves are clean and that the UV system is consistently delivering accurate dosing
- Reformulated to provide better viscosity characteristics, allowing the ActiClean Gel to distribute evenly through the entire cleaning system
- An integral part of TrojanUV systems for over 20 years
- Utilized in thousands of UV systems around the world, including by wastewater treatment plants where low quality water had previously prohibited the use of UV disinfection technology
- NSF-approved for both drinking water and wastewater
We recommend the use of ActiClean Gel for all TrojanUV systems, with and without automatic sleeve cleaning systems.